The Taylor® Crown™ Grill Series was recently named one of the recipients of the Kitchen Innovations® 2016 Award presented by the National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show®, which recognizes cutting-edge foodservice equipment and technology. The Taylor Crown Grill Series was honored for its innovative design and contribution to improving back-of-the-house efficiency through an intuitive touch screen interface that expands grill functionality and offers an energy-savings standby mode. Taylor Company is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
“Our cooking platform dramatically improves the ease with which the crew can operate the grill,” said Dave Hill, sales engineer, Taylor Company, who worked on the software development team. “In addition to the intuitive new touchscreen interface, we built in features to improve product quality through consistent cooking and to streamline menu management.”
The touchscreen user interface on the Crown Grill Series seamlessly accommodates menu expansion, even at multiple locations. Easily programmable, the grill gives operators menu flexibility and the ability to customize cooking for each menu item. New software features and benefits include:
- Four Flat Timer. The Crown Grill Series turns each 12-inch cooking area into four separately timed cooking zones, managed by a built-in timer. This offers:
- Improved speed of service
- Menu flexibility
- Energy savings
- Standby Alert. There is an audible reminder to place an idle platen into standby mode. This can save up to 42 percent operating energy in standby mode than in full operation mode.
- Multi-Function Mode. Up to three manual actions can be performed within a cook cycle, such as turn, season or cheese melt. This leads to:
- Consistently cooked menu items
- Easily customizable cooking cycles
- Multi-Cook Cycle. The multi-cook cycle mimics the manual press and release action used by operators on flat grills. This can lead to:
- Lowered labor costs
- Food safety
- Consistent food quality
- Menu Editor Program. The menu editor assists in creating and managing a complete grill menu. This allows for:
- Easy system-wide updates
- Creative menu development
- Consistent cooking parameters to ensure quality control
- Fault Log. The fault log improves technician diagnostics by:
- Recording date and time stamp
- Enabling easier troubleshooting
- Recording downtime occurrences
The Crown Grill Series will be displayed in the Kitchen Innovations Award pavilion and at the Taylor Company booth # 3412 at the NRA Show, May 21-24, 2016, McCormick Place, Chicago. Show visitors are invited to stop by and see the grill in action.
About Taylor Company
Taylor Company manufactures commercial food service equipment to serve frozen desserts, frozen beverages and grilled specialties. Local sales and service support is provided by Taylor Company’s worldwide network of independent distributors. Taylor Company, a division of Carrier Commercial Refrigeration Inc., is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. For more information, visit www.taylor-company.com or follow @TheTaylorCo on Twitter.